Chicken or Pork Crock Pot Posole!
This has become a favorite among family and friends! So easy to make and the results are incredible! Just put all of this together before you leave for work. When you get home, add the hominy and green chili's. Unwind for an hour and your dinner is ready to eat :-)
1 Chicken Breast or 1 leg quarter or 2 pork chops. (I like to use large pork chops or small pork shoulder)
8 cups chicken broth (or 8 cups water and 8 - 12 chicken bouillon cubes)
TBL granulated garlic (2 cloves)
1 medium onion
14 oz can of Hominy (drained and rinsed) or 1lb of Frozen Posole
1 can of diced tomatoes (or stewed)
6 to 8 green chiles chopped.
1 bunch of Cilantro
Salt to taste. I normally won't add salt due to the chicken broth being salty enough.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT for canned hominy and GREEN CHILES in a crock pot.
- Slow cook 6 to 8 hours (in a pinch 4 on high)
- After 6 or 7 hours take chops or chicken out of the pot and take the bones out. Break up and place back in pot.
- Add hominy (drained and washed) and green chile.
- Cook another 30 minutes to an hour or when you're ready to eat.
Serve with soft flour tortilla's or I prefer breaking up corn tortilla chips in mine. Mmmmm this is sooooo good!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.