Beer Battered Fish Taco Ingredients:
2 - 3 cups vegetable or canola oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 can or bottle of your favorite Mexican beer (12 ounces)
1 package of fajita size flour tortillas
2 Tbls Taco seasoning
1 pound cod cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup chipotle coleslaw (recipe below)
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
Beer Battered Fish Taco Directions:
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat to 375 degrees
- Line platter with paper towels
- Prepare chipotle coleslaw while oil is heating to temperature
- Combine flour, beer, taco seasoning, in a large bowl and mix well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Dip fish, in batches, into the batter and carefully place in hot oil. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove fish with slotted spoon and place on platter with paper towels.
- Devide fish amoung your flour tortillas (about 3 pieces each), add your chipotle coleslaw, cilantro and Baja sauce (recipe below).
1 bag (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
1 packet of Ortega Chipotle seasoning mix
1 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup salsa (any kind you like)
salt to taste
Chipotle Coleslaw Directions:
- Toss coleslaw mix and chipotle seasoning in a large bowl.
- Fold in mayonaise and salsa until well combined
- Season with salt (optional)
Combine the following ingredients in a bowl
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Hope you enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.