|Servings||6 - 8|
- 1 - 9 inch Frozen Pie Crust thawed about 15 minutes.
- 1 Pint or approx 3 Cups Strawberries Cleaned and cut in half or quarters depending on their size.
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Jello-o (1/2 of a 3oz package. NOT the entire package)
- Bake your frozen pie crust per instructions on the package. Approx. 11 - 15 minutes. (Mine took about 17 minutes to brown)
- While your pie crust is baking, wash and remove the hull of the strawberries and cut in half length wise or smaller depending on their size.
- Add water, sugar, cornstarch and strawberry jell-o in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk mixture to combine and to keep from burning until you have a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and let the glaze cool.
- To speed things up a bit put your saucepan in an ice bath in the sink to cool the glaze.
- You will need to whisk the glaze every few minutes to keep it from clumping and until it thickens, but still pourable.
- Add your cut strawberries to your cooled pie crust.
- Pour your strawberry glaze over your strawberries.
- I like to use a fork to lift the berries so the glaze can get all into the strawberries.
- Chill your strawberry pie for 3 - 5 hours.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream, cool whip or vanilla ice cream.
Hope You Enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.