|Preparation Time in Minutes||15|
|Cooking Time in Minutes||90|
It's not only awesome! It's easy too!!!
I've done a few different smoke times and this one seems to have just the right amount of smoke for my taste. You can of course go lower and slower for more of a smokey flavor. I've even smoked a batch going low for and hour then cranking up the heat for another hour and it came out really, really good too! But this method so far is my favorite!
This batch made about 40 ounces as you will see my quart jar and pint jar. You can of course adjust the amount of ingredients to meet your needs but I will tell you, you will want to make a big batch because smaller batches barely last a day :)
- 12 Roma Tomatoes
- 5 - 10 Jalapeno Peppers (I used 10 off my plant and they were small since the harvest season is ending)
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (Nothing like roasted garlic!)
- 6 Roasted, Peeled Hatch Green Chili's
- (canned if you must but you can get Hatch frozen containers at your store. Usually Bueno Brand)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Cilantro
- 2 Cap Fulls of Apple Cider Vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- Salt to taste
- Start your pellet smoker and heat to 225 degrees
- Halve your tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, garlic and chop your onions , leave your green chili's whole and place on your foiled baking sheet.
- I left the seeds in for more heat!
- Place your baking sheet of ingredients in your heated pellet smoker
- Smoke for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Remove from pellet smoker
- Add all smoked ingredients to a blender and stir/puree/blend (whatever your blender setting are to get it good and chopped up)
- Pour in a bowl and add in the cilantro and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Let cool and serve or add to your jars.
- Stay fresh time won't matter because it won't last you long :)
Note: The ingredients are what I used for this recipe. You can of course adjust to your liking and can use whatever hot peppers you like.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.