Recipe ID: 155
New Mexican Cornbread with Hatch Green Chiles!
New Mexican Cornbread with Hatch Green Chiles! YUM! Yeah, Hatch green chiles make this Mexican cornbread a New Mexican Cornbread :) This is not one of those secret recipes. It's a cornbread recipe with New Mexico baked right in. Give it a try and it just may become your favorite cornbread recipe. And please, use flour and cornmeal. Boxed, prepared cornmeal packages just don't cut it!INGREDIENTS:1 cup butter (2 sticks, melted)1 cup sugar4 eggs (yes, 4)1 (15oz) can of cream-style corn (you could also use a can of corn if you don't have cream-style)4 Roasted, peeled, Hatch green chiles chopped/diced (Of course you could use more, but don't over do it) (You can use a 4oz can of Hatch green chiles, drained, if you must)1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese1 cup all-purpose flour1 cup yellow cornmeal4 teaspoons baking powder1/4 teaspoon saltDIRECTIONS:
Serve with just about anything. But it really goes well with soups, chili's and stews. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish (cooking spray works fine)
- In a large bowl, mix together your melted butter and sugar
- Beat in your eggs one at a time.
- Mix in your corn, Hatch green chiles and cheese
- In a seperate medium bowl, mix together your flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt
- Add flour mixture to your wet ingredients and stir until mixed well
- Pour into your lightly greased baking pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted around your cornbread comes out clean