Recipe ID: 184
Bacon and Sausage Waffle Omelette
OK so using a waffle iron isn't the first pan you will think of when thinking of making omelettes, but waffle irons are not just for making waffles :) These are very easy and to make and they cook up Fast in a waffle iron so keep on your toes when cooking these and you will end up with a very delicious and fluffy waffle omelette.Ingredients per omelette:2 Eggs whippedBacon fried and crumbledSausage fried and crumbled (I pre fry my bacon and sausage together and use for several recipes - see image)1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese2 tbls diced onion (per omelette)
2 tbls diced tomato (per omelette)
Salt and pepper2 tbls Salsa - I used Pico de Gallo (optional for topping)Directions:
When you add your egg mixture to your hot waffle iron your eggs will cook pretty fast so after about 30 - 45 seconds check your eggs by slightly opening your waffle iron. If they look done go ahead and remove them. If you leave them in too long they will over cook and not be as fluffy.Hope you enjoy!
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add your fillings, bacon, sausage, cheese, onion, tomato and whisk together until well blended
- Let your waffle iron heat to temperature
- Pour your egg mixture into your waffle iron filling evenly
- Close your waffle iron and turn as directed.
- Your waffle will be done in about 1 minute.
- Top with some more cheese and salsa (optional