Recipes with Beer
Recipe ID: 211
Beer Brats on the Grill
You gotta love Brats! And pre-boil in beer before your cook them on the grill and you will have some great brats!Ingredients:1 Package of 5 Brats (we use Johnsonville)2 Bottles/Cans of Beer (I use a nice Pale Ale)1/2 Medium sweet onion diced or sliced (I prefer diced)Mustard and any other toppings you like.Directions:
It's best to not use a hoppy IPA as the boiling could make your brats bitter. Hope you Enjoy!
- Add your brats to a sauce pan
- Cover with about 16 oz of beer (drink the rest) :)
- Add your diced onions to the beer
- Bring the beer to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove your brats from the beer and onions, saving the the onions for topping
- Place your boiled beer brats on your hot BBQ grill and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Be sure to turn them so they don't burn
- Place a brat on your bun, add mustard and some of the diced onions from the beer boil