Recipe ID: 230
Red Enchiladas Stacked New Mexico Style
Red Enchiladas Stacked New Mexico Style. Stacked enchiladas are awesome! And the best part is everyone eating them can build their own! Just get everything prepared and when it's time to eat, you can have yours like you like it.Ingredients:2 lbs Hamburger12 Corn tortillas1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes1 1/2 cup diced onion1 cup sliced black olives2 cups shredded cheese16 oz container sour creamAbout 32 oz red enchilada sauce (See recipe in This, That & The Other - Sauces)Directions:
- Cook your hamburger meat until done. Adding a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Soften the tortillas in hot corn oil and set aside
- On individual serving plates, start stacking your enchiladas.
- Place 1 tortilla on your plate, add a spoonful or 2 of hamburger meat, onion, cheese, tomato, olives and a spoonful or 2 of red enchilada sauce.
- Repeat the with another tortilla on top of your first layer, add a spoonful or 2 of hamburger meat, onion, cheese, olives
- Spoon a good portion of red enchilada sauce smothering your stack, and top with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
That's it! Serve by themselves or with rice and beans.
You can have more than 2 layers depending on individual appetites, but trust me, 2 layers are plenty.
Hope you try this recipe and enjoy!
Note: You can also heat the tortillas in a hot cast iron pan or in the microwave if the oil part is a problem for you. To Microwave, take about 6 tortillas and wrap them in a dampened paper towel and microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds, turn them over and heat another 20 - 30 seconds.