Appetizers & Snacks
Dips & Spreads
Recipe ID: 232
Guacamole is one of my favorite dips! And you can make it in a variety of ways and many people do, but there is nothing like just avocados. There is no need to add anything but a little salt and pepper to preserve the avocado taste. No lemon or lime juice to keep from browning either. Save one of the pits and place on top of guacamole to keep it from browning. Besides, there is rarely any left to store for later :)Ingredients:2 Ripe avocados (more of course for larger batches)SaltPepperDirections:
Serve with corn tortilla chips as a dip. However, you can use guacamole as a spread on sandwiches, burgers and just about anything!By cutting cross-hatches in the flesh prior to removing it from the skin just helps in the squishing process :) And it avoids having to peel the avocado as some people do. Just cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, make some cross-hatch cuts and spoon it out. It's that easy.Hope you enjoy!
- Cut avocado lengthwise and remove the pit
- Cut a cross-hatch pattern in the flesh while in the skin
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a bowl
- Salt and pepper to taste (about a 1/2 teaspoon) You can also use garlic salt.
- Squish it up with a fork leaving it a bit chunky (or smooth if that's how you prefer it)