Recipe ID: 241
Best Enchilada Casserole
Enchilada Casserole is a great dish when you are looking for something different to make that is delicious!
For the enchilada sauce I make my own and you can find the recipe on this site. Just search for Enchilada Sauce and you will find it, or look in my Cookbook found under the "Cookbooks" link at the top of the page. It's easy to make your own red enchilada sauce, but you can of course use some store bought.Ingredients:8 corn tortillas2 pounds ground beef.2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil1/2 medium onion, diced
2 - 3 Hatch green chiles diced or 1 small can1 clove garlic, minced3 cups enchilada sauce1 cup sour cream2 - 3 cups grated Mexican cheese blend Directions:
Hope you Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- add a couple tablespoons of olive oil to a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Once heated, fry one corn tortilla at a time until you have all 8 fried.
- Cook until crisp on each side (not crunchy, do not overcook. You just want them to be firm so they dont get all mushy) and place onto a plate with paper towels.
- Add your diced onions and garlic to your pan that you fried your tortillas in (add a tablespoon of olive oil if there isn't much left). Cook onion and garlic until just tender.
- Add ground beef to skillet and cook until completely browned. Remove from heat and drain any drippings.
- Add Hatch green chiles and mix well.
- Coat your 9x13 dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon about a 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of your 9x13 casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Place 4 tortillas on top of the enchilada sauce, 3 tortillas lengthwise that overlap and tear 1 in half to fill the remaining gap in your dish.
- Add an additional 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Layer the beef mixture, making sure to spread mixture evenly over tortillas and enchilada sauce.
- Top with large dollops of sour cream. Add 1/2 of your shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Repeat layering with 4 more tortillas, enchilada sauce, beef mixture, and the rest of your enchilada sauce (about 1 1/2 cup)
- Add dollops of sour cream, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Your sauce should be bubbling and cheese melted.
- Let rest about 5 minutes and serve.