- 2 lbs top round steak
- 2 tbs butter or oil
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 whole cloves or garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- pinch of pepper and thyme
- Cut meat into serving size pieces and gently brown in butter in large frying pan.
- Disolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and add along with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours depending on the thickness of the meat
- Turn once during cooking
Slow and gentle cooking will produce a very tender steak.
Serve hot with the broth spooned over.
Feature photo courtesy of Kraftrecipes.com