Recipe ID: 266
Shredded Pork Rolled Tacos aka Taquitos
One more recipe made from my slow cooked pulled pork. There are so many, but with this batch I was able to have 3 different meals. So here is the recipe for shredded pork rolled tacos that are so very delicious, I will be making these again :)Ingredients:
Pulled pork, shredded (see my Slow cooker pulled pork recipe)
1 dozen corn tortillas (or how ever many you wish to make)
If you are using the pork from my pulled pork recipe, take the pulled pork and shred it up to a finer consistancy.
Hint: When softening your tortillas to roll. If your oil is to heat, it should only take 15 - 20 seconds to soften. You will see small bubbles forming on the tortilla and it's ready. This will be soft enough to roll but tough enough not to tear while rolling. Fry seam side down first so they don't open while you roll them over to fry all sides.
- Heat a fry pan with a 1/2 cup of oil to a medium heat
- Place a fresh corn tortilla in the oil for about 15 to 20 seconds to soften and remove to prep area
- Add about 2 tablespoons of shredded pork and roll as tight as you can without tearing the tortilla
- Repeat until all your tortillas are rolled
- You should have enough oil left over to fry your rolled tacos
- The place rolled tacos seam side down in hot oil and fry up until crispy or when they show golden brown marks.
Serve and Enjoy!