Recipe ID: 267
Vegetable Bin Omelet
I'm calling this my Vegetable Bin Omelet because it's made from vegetables that were in MY vegetable bin. You of course can make this with what you have on hand. I also used some fresh green onions and yellow squash from my garden.Ingredients:6 eggs (to make 2 omelets)1/4 cup diced green bell pepper1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper1/4 cup diced broccoli1/4 cup diced yellow squash1/4 cup diced tomato3 green onions diced (the green part)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Garlic Pepper (Lawry's makes a great garlic pepper)1 table spoon dried Basil (I only had dried on hand)1 cup shredded mozzarella cheeseDirections:
Remove from pan and add a little more vegetable mix and cheese to the top and serve! This 3 egg omelet is delicious! Serve with some toast and you will be full for sure!Hope you Enjoy!
- In a bowl, add your 6 eggs and chopped green onions and scramble together
- In a seprate bowl add all the other ingredients except for the cheese
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat and add half your egg mixture
- Let egg mixture cook until just a little wet still on topand can slide around in the pan
- Add a couple spoon fulls of your vegetable mix
- Add schredded mozarella cheese
- Fold egg over to create your omelet and cook about a minute more so the cheese has a chance to melt a bit.