Cobblers & Crumb Cakes
Recipe ID: 269
Fresh Peach Cobbler
Nothing like a Peach Cobbler that's easy to make and always tastes great! This recipe is made in a 13 x 9 baking dish but there is only 2 of us so we halved the ingredients and used a 9 x 9 baking dish, and came up with the perfect amount for about 4 servings. We did use 6 smaller peaches so if you have small peaches go by the 5 cups, not the count.Ingredients:6 - 8 ripe peaches peeled and sliced (5 - 6 cups)1 teaspoon vanilla1 tablespoon lemon juice1 teaspoon ground cinnamon2 cups sugar, divided (1 cup for peaches, 1 cup for batter) 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted1 cup all purpose flour1 tablespoon baking powder1 cup milk1/4 teaspoon saltDirections:
NOTE: Make sure you follow the order of butter, then batter, then peaches and DO NOT STIR. During the baking process, the batter willl rise above the peaches (see image)Enjoy!
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour your melted butter in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl sift 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 cup milk to your dry ingredients and stir untill combined.
- Pour your batter over the butter in your 13 x 9 dish DO NOT STIR (see image)
- In a large sauce pan, add your peeled sliced peaches, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Bring peach mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour your peach mixture evenly over the batter and again NO NOT STIR
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes at 375 degrees, or until golden brown.
- Let cool a bit before serving.