Recipe ID: 272
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
This is a delicious recipe that is not your typical enchilada recipe. But once you make these, they will become your new favorite! They are always a hit around our house and this recipe makes 36 plus enchiladas so if you have a group of people to feed, these are great!Ingredients:2 8oz or 1 16oz container of sour cream4 cans cream of chicken soup1/2 medium onion diced1-1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese6 green chiles roasted, peeled and diced (about a cup) Or 2 large cans, medium heat (Or your heat preference)3 cups cooked, shredded chicken3 dozen corn tortillassalt to tasteDirections:
Hope you Enjoy!
- In a large saucepan, mix sour cream, cream of chicken soup, shredded chicken, green chiles, onion and salt.
- Simmer until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a small frying pan and cook the tortillas one at a time just until soft so the roll without breaking.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and fold or roll.
- Layer in pan and cover all with lots of grated cheese.
- Warm in oven at 350 degrees until cheese melts, 20 - 30 minutes.