Chili, Soups & Stews
Recipe ID: 277
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup with Hatch Green Chiles
Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup is as most slow cooker recipes, very easy to make and comes out great! And using Hatch green chiles makes it even that much better. Ingredients:1 10.5 ounce can diced tomatoes1/2 cup diced Hatch green chiles2 cans Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. We use both breasts and thighs.2 cups frozen whole kernel corn1 can black beans, rinsed and drained1 1/3 cups water1 teaspoon ground cumin4 corn tortilla(6-inch), cut into strips1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese(about 4 ounces)1/3 cup chopped cilantroDirections:
Hope you Enjoy!
- Add chicken, soup, corn, beans, water and cumin into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- We use frozen chicken as we usually have it on hand.
- If using frozen chicken, after 4 - 5 hours remove the chicken and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Place chicken back into slow cooker for another 1 - 2 hours on low.
- Cut tortillas into strips and add to soup and stir.
- Add cheese and cilantro into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for another 15 minutes.