Chicken and Turkey
Recipe ID: 290
Smothered Chicken Tortilla Sandwich
This smothered chicken tortilla sandwich is sooooo delicious, I'm certain it will become one of your favorites! It's based on a plate at a local restaurant here in Farmington, NM called the Chile Pod. And on their menu they call this a Del Prado Chicken Sandwich which is from their other family restaurant named Del Prado Restaurant in Cuba, NM. If you ever get a chance, it's a must stop if you are hungary for some good Mexican food. So, this version isn't exacty a clone or exact recipe but it's still pretty darn good.First of all you will need to make or have on hand from leftovers some pork green chili. You can find my easy recipe on Man Kitchen Recipes by doing a quick search for Pork Green Chili.Ingredients:
- Pork green chili - depending on how many you are serving. A whole pot from my recipe is enough for at least 10 - 12 people.
- 2 - 4 Chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts grilled and cut into bite size pieces. (or more depending on how many you are feeding)
- 4 - 6 Large flour tortillas (or more depending on how many you are feeding)
- 1 16oz bag of shredded cheese (I like to use the Mexican blend but cheddar or Monterey Jack is good too)
- 1 large bag of frozen shoestring French fries.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Heat your pork green chili until hot.
- Bake your French fries as directed on the package.
- Place 1 flour tortilla on a plate (heat over stove top if refridgerated so you can fold it)
- Add approx. 1 cup of your cubed, grilled chicken on one half of your flour tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over and center on the plate.
- Using a ladle, or large spoon. Smother the chicken tortilla sandwich with the pork green chili.
- Top with a handfull of shredded cheese. (approx 1/2 cup)
- Then top with a large handfull of French fries (or 1 serving)
If you are using a HOT pork green chili, the French fries are a great addition to help cool your mouth off :)