Recipe ID: 296
Super EASY Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Here we go. Super EASY Chicken Enchilada Casserole. You can complicate things if you want to, but this only requires a few ingredients and turns out absolutely delicious. Makes enough for 2 to 6 people depending on how hungry you all are. 6 people is a stretch because you will want seconds!Ingredients:
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 28oz can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa verde (I used Herdez medium because that's what I had)
- 2-3 cups of shredded cheese (I like to use the Mexican blend)
Hope you Enjoy!Note: If you like it hot, you can use a hot salsa verde or add jalepeno's or hot green chile's. Top servings with sour cream, onions, diced tomatoes, cilantro etc. That's the complicating things I mentioned but it doesn't need any of it if you choose not to have toppings.
- Add your green enchilada sauce, jar of salsa verde and 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts to your pot.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Take chicken out of pot and shred.
- Add about a cup of your sauce to the bottom of your 13x9 pan
- Layer 3 to 4 corn tortillas (I like to break them up to cover the entire bottom)
- Layer 1/3 of your shredded chicken and about a cup of shredded cheese
- Repeat until 3 layers. Starting with sauce then tortillas, chicken, cheese
- Then tortillas, sauce, chicken, cheese
- Tortillas, sauce, chicken, remaining sauce, cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has melted.