BBQ & Grill
BBQ & Grill Pork
Recipe ID: 298
Smoked Bacon on Pit Boss 1100 Smoker
If you have a pellet smoker or any smoker as far as that goes, there's nothing like real smoked bacon. Sure you can buy bacon that says hickory smoked or apple wood smoked but it's not the same. So, there are several ways to smoke packaged bacon but to keep the mess down I use the oven method and it turns out great! Ingredients:
- 1lb of your favorite bacon (so pretty much all bacon)
- Cherry, Maple, Apple wood pellets (again, or your favorite)
Once done, remove the bacon and......ENJOY!
- While you prepare your bacon, get your pellet smoker going and heat to 225 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- Lay your bacon on the rack.
- Place bacon in smoker.
- Smoke at 225 Degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn your pellet smoker up to 350 degrees and cook for approximately 30 minutes checking at 15 minute intervals.