Recipe ID: 305
Smoked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast on Pit Boss 1100
This Smoked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast is Sweet with a Hint of Heat Recipe that you will Enjoy! Slow smoked to perfection! Serve with any sides you like, but I cut mine up on a bed of lettuce for a Delicious Smoked Chicken Salad. I only made 2 chicken breast because they were rather large, but you can adjust for your needs. The rub will cover up to 4 chicken breasts.Ingredients:
- 2 - 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.
- About a 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Maple Syrup.
- Squeeze Butter or you can add regular butter.
- Rub Mix - Ingredients below or use your favorite.
- BBQ Sauce. I use Sweet Baby Ray's thinned with water but you can use your favorite.
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 1/4 Cup Paprika (the hint of heat, but not hot)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Coat your boneless, skinless chicken breast with maple syrup
- Coat with rub on both sides
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour
- Prepare your smoker to a temperature of 225 degrees.
- I use a Pit Boss Pro Series 1100 smoker, bur of course any smoker will do.
- Once smoker is up to temp, place your chicken breast in smoker at 225 degrees for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, take your chicken breasts off the smoker and place them in foil.
- Squeeze butter on top of chicken, (or sliced butter) wrap and place back in smoker for 30 minutes.
- Remove from foil, mop both sides with BBQ sauce and smoke 30 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from smoker and let sit 5 - 10 minutes before serving.