We made this recipe and just had to share it!
- 4-5 Large Idaho Russet Potatoes, Peeled and Cut into Strips
- 3-5 Pieces of Meaty White Fish like Grouper, Cod, or Haddock
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Beer (Heineken is used in this Recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- Vegetable Oil in a Squirt Bottle
- Soak cut fries in cold salted water for 15 minutes, then dry well using a clean dish towel.
- Prep your fish, cutting if needed; you don't want too thick of a piece because we are trying to deep fry on a griddle. Pat each fish fillet well with a paper towel to dry.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and old bay together, then whisk in beer. If the batter is too thin, add more flour.
- Heat griddle to medium heat and drizzle vegetable oil and add fries. Cook until crispy, adding more oil with your Blackstone squirt bottle as needed throughout turning to cook all sides.
- You want to lower the heat for the first half of cooking. Turn heat to medium-high / high heat and continue cooking, turning and adding oil as needed. Don't rush them! When they are close to done move them to one side of your Blackstone.
- On the opposite side, using medium-high to high heat, add vegetable oil, dipping your fish in the batter then adding to the hot oil.
- Using your squirt bottle, add more oil to the front of each piece of fish, closest to you, so the oil slides back and under the fish. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side adding oil before flipping.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.