Tonight I made Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli On The Pit Boss PS1100 and let me tell you, It Was FANTASTIC! Just a hint of smoke and the sauce was amazing!
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp peeled and deviened
- 16 ounces broccoli florets - I used frozen, fresh is great too!
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste - Optional
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger - I used ginger paste
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs red chili flakes (optional, but trust me)
- 3 tsp cornstarch with 3 tsp water
This can be done in a 400 degree oven. I used my Pit Boss Pellet Grill at 350 degrees.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to broccoli and coat well.
- Add broccoli florets to a baking sheet and smoke or bake 15 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking add 1/2 of the sauce to the shrimp and let marinate until broccoli has cooked 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, take broccoli out and move to one side of sheet pan
- Add your shrimp to other side and cook 8 - 12 minutes
- Combine the corn starch and water, set aside.
- While shrimp and broccoli is cooking, add remaining sauce to sauce pan and simmer
- Add cornstarch water bring to low boil and stir well to thicken, for only 30 seconds after boil.
- Remove shrimp and broccoli when done, drizzle remaining sauce and serve on a bed of rice.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.