Ingredients per omelette:
2 Eggs whipped
Bacon fried and crumbled
Sausage fried and crumbled (I pre fry my bacon and sausage together and use for several recipes - see image)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbls diced onion (per omelette)
2 tbls diced tomato (per omelette)
Salt and pepper
2 tbls Salsa - I used Pico de Gallo (optional for topping)
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add your fillings, bacon, sausage, cheese, onion, tomato and whisk together until well blended
- Let your waffle iron heat to temperature
- Pour your egg mixture into your waffle iron filling evenly
- Close your waffle iron and turn as directed.
- Your waffle will be done in about 1 minute.
- Top with some more cheese and salsa (optional
When you add your egg mixture to your hot waffle iron your eggs will cook pretty fast so after about 30 - 45 seconds check your eggs by slightly opening your waffle iron. If they look done go ahead and remove them. If you leave them in too long they will over cook and not be as fluffy.
Hope you enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.