Today we are making Easy Asian Pear Turnover With Walnuts and Dried Cranberries. Of course if you have a nut allergy, you can just use the Asian pears and dried cranberries or just the Asian pears if you like. These are so easy to make and are Absolutely Delicious! If you are not familiar with Asian Pears, they have the firmness of an apple with the taste of a pear so they make Excellent Pies and Desserts!
1 Box of Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Prepare your filling by cubing your pealed Asian pears and removing the core.
- In a medium pot combine your pears with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat your mixture to a boil then turn down to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until your Asian pears are fork tender.
- Remove from heat and add in your walnuts and cranberries and mix.
- Take your puff pastry dough and unfold it on a lightly floured surface. Smooth out with a rolling pin.
- Cut the puff pastry into quarters.
- Add about a 1/2 cup of filling to each square with a slotted spoon. Be sure not to add any of the juices.
- Fold over each square and press down the edges. And using a fork, pressing around the edge about a 1/2 inch.
- Egg wash: Mix your 1 egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water in a bowl, and lightly brush the top of each turnover.
- Cut a few small slits on the top of each turnover so steam can escape while baking.
- Place in over at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 10 - 15 minutes and....
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.