This recipe uses frozen pie shells and will make two pies. I bought the deep pie shells because that's all the store had at the time, but I like the curust so it's all OK! Buy the regular ones for this recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 cup Karo Syrup (light corn syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans (2/3 chopped, 1/3 pieces)
- Whole pecans for the top
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 frozen pie shells regular 9"
- Preheat pellet grill to 300º (YES, you can make this in an oven)
- Be sure to get 9" regular pie shells, not the deep pie shells.
- In a glass bowl, blend sugar and butter together.
- Then add Karo Syrup and mix well.
- Continue by adding 1 egg at a time.
- Once both eggs are mixed
- Add the salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add pecans Mix Well
- Split mixture between two regular 9" frozen pie shells. (I used the deep ones..)
- Add whole pecans to the top of each pie (optional)
- Smoke for 1hr at 300º
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.