|Preparation Time in Minutes||30|
|Cooking Time in Minutes||1|
|Servings||4 - 6|
- 1lb Ground Lamb
- 1lb Ground 80/20 Hamburger
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Marjoram
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chile Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Combine ALL the above ingredients
- Place combined meat mixture into a food processor and puree to a paste like consistency.
- Place pureed meat onto some plastic wrap.
- Form a log and be sure to press meat together as tight as you can to get rid of any air pockets.
- Wrap up in plastic wrap. Hint: Use the plastic wrap to form and press log.
- Place log in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours or overnight to let spices absorb their flavors into the meat.
- Heat your pellet Smoker to 250 degrees. I use my Pit Boss Pro Series 1100 but any pellet or non pellet smoker is great too!
- Unwrap your meat and place on a foil pan
- Place meat into your smoker.
- Use a meat thermometer so you know when your meat is done smoking.
- Mine took 1 hour to reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Smoke until internal temp is between 155 and 165 degrees.
- Let cool completely. 1 - 2 hours or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Slice thin, then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and fry until browned on both sides.
- Serve on a Pita bread or lettuce for gluten free.
- Add lettuce, tomato, red onion, Tzatziki sauce and...
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.