Recipe print this recipe tell-a-friend add-to-favorites
I do a lot of chicken and chicken thighs are one of our favorite pieces, and The RUB Makes These Chicken Thighs The Best! On the Pit Boss Pro Series 1100. I perhaps should have used a bit more rub, so if you make these cover the chicken with a LOT of this rub :) You can also make these in the oven if you must.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar (adjust the rub amount for the amount of meat you are using)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chile powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic pepper
- Mix up your rub with all ingredients
- Rinse your chicken or pork chops or? (this rub is good on just about anything)
- Generously apply rub to both sides
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Heat smoker to 300 degrees (or oven)
- Add chicken thighs to smoker
- At 15 minutes, turn chicken thighs over
- At 15 minutes more turn chicken thighs back over
- Let cook another 15 minutes (45 minutes total)
- Check internal temperature. Should be between 170 - 180 even 190 is OK
- If not, let it go another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from smoker and.....
Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.