- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, chopped small or diced
- 1 Can (15.5 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 Can (15.5 oz) black beans, or pinto beans, drained (black beans preferred)
- 2 Cans (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 - 4 roasted, peeled and diced Hatch Green Chiles (or 4 oz can chopped green chiles)
- Taco seasoning (see below) or 1 packet
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
(I like making my own taco seasoning to have more control over flavor and heat)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (more if you like it HOT but this is just the right amount)
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Mexican Oregano (regular oregano is fine but Mexican oregano is better)
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker
- Add in onion, beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, corn, lime juice, taco seasoning mixture and mix well.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- 30 minutes to an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro or your favorite toppings to each delicious bowl!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.