1 stalk celery, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups chicken stock - 1 box
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until done. Not crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan, and set aside to cool, then chop into small pieces.
- Drain off all but about a 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
- Add your onion and celery to the bacon grease and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes and mix well to coat potatoes.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add your chopped bacon back to the pot.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add cream of mushroom condensed soup.
- Add cilantro
- Cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend about half of the potatoes leaving the soup chunky.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.