1 package of dried 15 bean soup (found with other dry beans in your grocery store)
1lb leftover ham (leftover hambone with meat on it works great too! Or a 1lb ham)
1 medium diced onion
1 can diced tomato (14.5oz)
1 diced garlic clove
4 cooked slices of bacon chopped (4 or more, I mean you can't have too much bacon)
4 roasted, pealed, diced green chiles (or 1 small can diced green chiles)
8 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup fine chopped parsley (helps reduce the gas :) )
- Rinse dried beens and remove any debris if there is any. No need to soak beans.
- Chop up your ham if you are not using a hambone. We used our leftover honey glazed spiral ham.
- Place all ingredients: beans, ham, onion, garlic, green chiles, tomatoes, bacon, chicken stock and parsley in your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- If you are using a hambone with meat on it, after about 4 hours remove it and chop all the meat off of it and add the meat back in.
- Serve with some cornbread (Look up my New Mexican Cornbread with Hatch Green Chiles!)
Hope You Enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.