- 1lb ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 1tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Minced garlic cloves or adjust to your liking
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1/4 Cup all purpose flour. 1/4 cup is usual for 1lb ground beef
- 1 Cup diced Hatch green Chiles You can add more or less. I used 1.25 cup
- 14oz Can of diced tomatoes
- 6 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Large Russet Potato Diced - I used 3 small and you can use the potatoes of your choice.
- Brown your ground beef in a pan
- Add Salt, Pepper, Garlic and any optional spices to your liking
- Add 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour and simmer for a couple minutes mixing the entire time
- Add 1 Cup+- Diced Hatch Green Chiles and mix well
- Add 1 Cup of the beef brother and mix well and simmer for a minute.
- Add 1 More cup of beef brother and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes and turn the fire off
- Peel and dice your potatoes
- Here you can add all ingredients to a large pot, or use a 6qt slow cooker as I do.
- Add the potatoes, the diced tomatoes, the beef mixture and the remaining beef broth to a 6qt slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours
- After 4 hours, set the slow cooker to low for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the diced potatoes are tender.
Be sure to check out my YouTube Channel @ManKitchenRecipes
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.