2 Ripe avocados (more of course for larger batches)
- Cut avocado lengthwise and remove the pit
- Cut a cross-hatch pattern in the flesh while in the skin
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a bowl
- Salt and pepper to taste (about a 1/2 teaspoon) You can also use garlic salt.
- Squish it up with a fork leaving it a bit chunky (or smooth if that's how you prefer it)
Serve with corn tortilla chips as a dip. However, you can use guacamole as a spread on sandwiches, burgers and just about anything!
By cutting cross-hatches in the flesh prior to removing it from the skin just helps in the squishing process :) And it avoids having to peel the avocado as some people do. Just cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, make some cross-hatch cuts and spoon it out. It's that easy.
Hope you enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.