6 - 8 ripe peaches peeled and sliced (5 - 6 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar, divided (1 cup for peaches, 1 cup for batter)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour your melted butter in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl sift 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 cup milk to your dry ingredients and stir untill combined.
- Pour your batter over the butter in your 13 x 9 dish DO NOT STIR (see image)
- In a large sauce pan, add your peeled sliced peaches, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Bring peach mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour your peach mixture evenly over the batter and again NO NOT STIR
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes at 375 degrees, or until golden brown.
- Let cool a bit before serving.
NOTE: Make sure you follow the order of butter, then batter, then peaches and DO NOT STIR. During the baking process, the batter willl rise above the peaches (see image)
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.