|Preparation Time in Minutes||10|
|Cooking Time in Minutes||15|
- 1 package flank steak, cut in three small steaks
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
Who doesn't love a good cooked steak? I love steak about any way you can cook them. However, sometimes there are cuts of steak that are a little less desirable that others. In the case of our family being on a tight budget, and eating healthier, we have to go with the less desirable. So even though the cut of meat was not as good as a ribeye, this came out very tender and flavorful. I think it was because of two reasons.One: the method how it was cooked, and two: NOT overcooking the steak. So here is what I did:
- With any steak, take the steaks out and let them sit at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes. As you set them out to warm, sprinkle both sides with kosher salt. You can be liberal with the kosher salt, as long as you use kosher, not table salt.
- Take a cast iron skillet and turn the stove on medium high. Let the pan get really hot. Add a small amount of olive oil, about a tsp, The oil will be begin to smoke, so put your steaks on quickly. Sear on both sides of the steak for two minutes.
- Take the steaks and put into a preheated 350 degree oven. When the steaks are placed in the oven and the door is shut, turn the oven OFF. Let the steaks set in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take steak out of oven and slice. Plate, eat, and enjoy! This piece of meat was very flavorful, moist, and not tough at all! Please enjoy.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.