8 Hot dogs - 1 package (your favorite kind)
8 Slices of bacon (again, your favorite kind)
8 Hot dog buns - 1 package (your favorite kind. We like potato bread buns)
1 Medium onion diced
1 Tomato diced
2 10oz cans of chili (your favorite kind, we prefer beanless for chili dogs) Or use 2.5 cups of home made chili
1 Cup shredded cheese
These directions involve deep frying however you can certainly cook them on your grill or oven. I also didn't use a deep fryer, I used my iron skillet with a half inch of canola oil.
- Take one hot dog and wrap 1 strip of bacon around it covering the entire hot dog
- Insert a toothpick at each end to hold bacon in place. Continue until all 8 hot dogs are wrapped in bacon
- Heat oil to 225-250 degrees in an iron skillet or your frying pan
- Heat your chili in a sauce pan or microwave safe dish
- Carefully add 1-4 bacon wrapped hot dogs into your hot oil
- Fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute (Depending on how hot your oil is. Keep a close eye to prevent over frying)
- Turn bacon wrapped hot dogs and fry another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove and place on a plate with paper towels
- Continue frying until all 8 bacon wrapped hot dogs are cooked.
- Place 1 bacon wrapped hot dog in your hot dog bun, smother with chili add shredded cheese, onions, tomatoes and enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.