2 lbs Hamburger
12 Corn tortillas
1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced black olives
2 cups shredded cheese
16 oz container sour cream
About 32 oz red enchilada sauce (See recipe in This, That & The Other - Sauces)
- Cook your hamburger meat until done. Adding a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Soften the tortillas in hot corn oil and set aside
- On individual serving plates, start stacking your enchiladas.
- Place 1 tortilla on your plate, add a spoonful or 2 of hamburger meat, onion, cheese, tomato, olives and a spoonful or 2 of red enchilada sauce.
- Repeat the with another tortilla on top of your first layer, add a spoonful or 2 of hamburger meat, onion, cheese, olives
- Spoon a good portion of red enchilada sauce smothering your stack, and top with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.
That's it! Serve by themselves or with rice and beans.
You can have more than 2 layers depending on individual appetites, but trust me, 2 layers are plenty.
Hope you try this recipe and enjoy!
Note: You can also heat the tortillas in a hot cast iron pan or in the microwave if the oil part is a problem for you. To Microwave, take about 6 tortillas and wrap them in a dampened paper towel and microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds, turn them over and heat another 20 - 30 seconds.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.