- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large chicken breasts)
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 28oz can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa verde (I used Herdez medium because that's what I had)
- 2-3 cups of shredded cheese (I like to use the Mexican blend)
- Add your green enchilada sauce, jar of salsa verde and 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts to your pot.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Take chicken out of pot and shred.
- Add about a cup of your sauce to the bottom of your 13x9 pan
- Layer 3 to 4 corn tortillas (I like to break them up to cover the entire bottom)
- Layer 1/3 of your shredded chicken and about a cup of shredded cheese
- Repeat until 3 layers. Starting with sauce then tortillas, chicken, cheese
- Then tortillas, sauce, chicken, cheese
- Tortillas, sauce, chicken, remaining sauce, cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has melted.
Hope you Enjoy!
Note: If you like it hot, you can use a hot salsa verde or add jalepeno's or hot green chile's. Top servings with sour cream, onions, diced tomatoes, cilantro etc. That's the complicating things I mentioned but it doesn't need any of it if you choose not to have toppings.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.