Pulled pork (see my Slow cooker pulled pork recipe)
1 dozen corn tortillas (or how ever many you wish to make)
Taco fillings (lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, salsa, sour cream)
I use a large flat grilling pan. You can use a large skillet. Add just enough oil to your pan to cover the bottom. Maybe a 1/4 cup or 1/8" deep and heat on a medium heat for about 3 - 4 minutes. If it's taking too long for your tortillas to crisp up, turn your heat up just a bit.
- Add 1 corn tortilla to your hot oil
- Add the pulled pork. (About 3 tablespoons)
- Fold corn tortilla to form a taco and let grill on each side for a few minutes.
- You will see the corn tortilla laying in the oil harden up. Turn it over to cook the other side. You should see some golden brown color on the tortilla, that's when you know they are cooked to perfection.
- Remove from pan and cover while you finish cooking the rest of your tacos.
I usually cook 3 - 4 tacos at a time because that's how many will fit in my pan. Adjust to however many will fit in your pan. After cooking your first taco, you will get the hang of it and can cook several at a time.
To serve, add your toppings to each taco. Cheese, salsa, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream. You can also serve with some Spanish rice and beans but we love tacos and 2 - 3 with some chips is delicious and filling by themselves.
Hope you enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.