|Cooking Time in Minutes||7|
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and coarsly chopped
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 lbs stewing beef cubes
- 4 strips thick sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups stout beer
- 3/4 cup sodium reduced beef broth
- 2tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, parsnips, celery, onion, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper. Top with beef and bacon
- Whisk together stout, beef broth, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low until beef and vegetables are tender, 7-8 hours. Discard bay leaves
- Whisk flour with 1/3 cup water until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Stir in peas; cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.