- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dark ale
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dry mustar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 lb thinly sliced beef simmering short ribs, cut into 2- rib pieces (about 1- inch/2.5 cm thick strips)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- In slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, ale, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup water. Add ribs, turning to coat
- Cover and cook on low until ribs are tender, 6-8 hours. Discard bay leaves.
- Transfer ribs to serving platter; cover and keep warm. Whisk flour with 1/4 cup water; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 15 minutes. Pour sauce over ribs.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.