|Cooking Time in Minutes||360480|
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups sodium reduced chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 tsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups small brocolli florets
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- In slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, garlic, bacon, 2 cups of the corn, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in broth and water
- Cover and cook on low until potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 hours. Using potato masher or hand blender, mash several times to break up about half of the potatoes.
- Whisk flour with 1/4 cup water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Add remaining corn, broccoli and cream. Cook, covered, on high until slightly thickened and broccoli is tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.