Recipe print this recipe tell-a-friend add-to-favorites
|Cooking Time in Minutes||60|
|Preparation Time in Minutes||15|
1 cup butter (2 sticks, melted)
1 cup sugar
4 eggs (yes, 4)
1 (15oz) can of cream-style corn (you could also use a can of corn if you don't have cream-style)
4 Roasted, peeled, Hatch green chiles chopped/diced (Of course you could use more, but don't over do it)
(You can use a 4oz can of Hatch green chiles, drained, if you must)
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish (cooking spray works fine)
- In a large bowl, mix together your melted butter and sugar
- Beat in your eggs one at a time.
- Mix in your corn, Hatch green chiles and cheese
- In a seperate medium bowl, mix together your flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt
- Add flour mixture to your wet ingredients and stir until mixed well
- Pour into your lightly greased baking pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted around your cornbread comes out clean
Serve with just about anything. But it really goes well with soups, chili's and stews.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.