1 Package of 5 Brats (we use Johnsonville)
2 Bottles/Cans of Beer (I use a nice Pale Ale)
1/2 Medium sweet onion diced or sliced (I prefer diced)
Mustard and any other toppings you like.
- Add your brats to a sauce pan
- Cover with about 16 oz of beer (drink the rest) :)
- Add your diced onions to the beer
- Bring the beer to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove your brats from the beer and onions, saving the the onions for topping
- Place your boiled beer brats on your hot BBQ grill and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Be sure to turn them so they don't burn
- Place a brat on your bun, add mustard and some of the diced onions from the beer boil
It's best to not use a hoppy IPA as the boiling could make your brats bitter.
Hope you Enjoy!
Recipe Comments - Must be logged into Facebook to comment
View or add your comments on this recipe below. You can choose to have it show on your Facebook wall or just on this page.